Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

FRUSTRATIONS...

I've been constantly trying to figure out the best way to get videos of me playing the video games into the computer. I have tried just filming the TV (which looks crap) as well as video recording the games and then dragging the VCR into the office to plug it into the computer via my video camera and firewire cable. (sigh) With the latest video I just found an emulator that exported videos into .AVI files, which saved a couple of extra steps.

I bought an "EasyCap" off eBay, which in theory sounds like a brilliant device. You just plug the composite cables into one end, plug the other end into the computer's USB slot and you can capture video, right? In theory, yes. In reality, no. It's a piece of crap. I've just spent hours trying to make this thing work. On the plus side, I can get games playing through it from both my Australian and American Super N.E.S. consoles. I still can't seem to get sound working though, and when I tried exporting to an .AVI file, it just exported a static black screen. (sigh) Get what you pay for, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment