Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

WEEK SIX

CastleVania is an interesting beast. I'm kind of at a loss to figure out why it became popular. Was it considered "scary" back in the late 80s? It's certainly not a friendly game. It wouldn't be so hard if Simon was just a bit easier to control! He makes Zelda II's Link look like Mario in comparison!

Speaking of Mario... I love Mario 2. Haters gonna hate. It's fun, it's whimsical, it's noice, it's diff'rent, it's unyooj'l. It's a shame they never made any more Doki Doki games in Japan. It was fascinating playing that original version. I'd never actually played it before. They didn't just do a simple character re-skinning like I thought they had. There's quite a lot of subtle differences between Doki Doki and Mario 2. The level layout is identical though.



So if you want to skip the video and go straight to the scores...






I'm really looking forward to the next batch of games. There's a couple of my faves in there. See if you can give them a play this week and post a comment on what you think. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment