Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

WHAT A BALLS-UP!

So "Ocarina of Time" is due for release this Friday... and almost everybody who pre-ordered has already got their copies. Nintendo's not happy.

The basic idea is this: Australia was supposed to get our release of the game a couple of weeks after Europe. So the GameTraders store imported a whole heap and started selling them weeks before anyone else could. EBGames cracked a wobbly, saying that GameTraders broke the street date, and so most stores started selling their copies of the game last Friday. After that, all of the other retailers followed suit. Only problem is, Nintendo is still shipping the games out to areas of Australia, so some lucky sods have got their copies while some are still waiting for the "official" release on Friday. Added to this, Nintendo was all set to have a big launch party in Melbourne on Thursday night. That's now been cancelled.

So anyway, I've got my copy. (Traded in PilotWings for it) The 3D looks absolutely wonderful. Best use of 3D I've seen on the system so far. I also got the EBGames preorder bonus, which is a real working ocarina! I'm pretty terrible at it. I never realised how difficult an instrument the ocarina is. There's so many different holes on the thing!!

I will put Zelda on hold for a while though, because I'm becoming more and more aware at how long it's taking me to play through FF5. I'm still progressing; I'm into Galuf's world now. Got a few jobs maxed out, which is cool. But yeah, it's a pretty epic game.

No comments:

Post a Comment