Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY!


Ironic that it's called "The Last Story," because it will likely be the last Wii game I ever buy. Or perhaps Nintendo will pull something completely unexpected at E3, who knows? Doubtful.

I've only played the first chapter, and I really have no idea what's going on with the gameplay (I think I won...) I'm amazed at how jarring I'm finding the 480p graphics though... I've never claimed to be a graphics snob, but the last game I finished was Uncharted 3. And now to play The Last Story seems like I just jumped 10 years back into the past.

It's not like it's impossible to make good-looking Wii games. Look at Skyward Sword, that looked brilliant, thanks to the wonderful art direction and colour. Anyway, we'll see how much I like The Last Story. Poor Xenoblade is still sitting unplayed after 25 hours of questing. That's a really great game, but I need to wait until I've got the time to properly invest in it.

Speaking of which... Probably about half-way through Chrono Trigger. I'm kinda amazed at how easy I'm finding everything. I haven't really done much grinding - hardly any at all - and yet I'm just breezing through the game. I can remember finding it challenging back-in-the-day... Maybe I've just become a better person...

Happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment